Now that your new baby is here, it’s time to get rid of those extra…
Dying to take a normal meal instead of drinking the Formula 1 Shake from your Herbalife meal plan? Wish granted! Taking normal meals with your Herbalife meal plan is possible so long as you practice a healthy diet to efficiently manage portion control sizes and lose weight fast.
You can follow the Herbalife meal plan and replace the Formula 1 Nutritional Shake with normal meals. The secret on how to lose weight fast with this method is to have a healthy weight loss program where portion control is observed. With our help, you can effectively achieve your goal to lose weight fast.
The Amount of Nutrition in One Formula 1 Shake
The Herbalife Formula 1 Shake is a healthy and yummy meal substitute that contains approximately 20 essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients, making it an ideal weight loss plan. It is like you are eating a nutritious meal and reducing weight all at once. A Formula 1 Nutritional Shake mix is loaded with:
- Protein from dairy and soy – about 18 g per serving, a perfect option if you wish to build lean muscle mass coupled with exercise
- Soy protein – a complete protein providing vital amino acids
- Calorie-controlled – approximately 220 kcal per serving
- Loaded with minerals and vitamins, especially vitamins A, C and E which are antioxidants that help avoid cell damage
- Provides dietary amino acids (coming from the protein) which the body is unable to produce on its own
But, if you would like to use the step-by-step Herbalife meal plan without having the Formila 1 Shake, you can successfully lose weight fast by practicing proper portion control.
How to Manage Portion Sizes
First, you have to learn the correct serving size. You can find serving sizes just by reading nutrtional labels. But the portion is the amount of food or drink a person decided to consume. Usually, the portion consumed is larger than the serving size basically because individuals are clueless about proper portion control.
Some tips for controlling portion sizes:
- Never skip meals – because if you are hungry, you will be tempted to eat more and consume larger portions of food
- Plan meals – if you make a list of what you plan to eat, this will help you eat slowly
- Make use of portion control plates – these are plates with painted lines that help measure starch, proteins, carbohydrates, etc.
- Calculate and weigh food – find out how to measure serving sizes through comparing foods to things. Use the picture below as your guideline.
The Importance of Eating Nutritious Food
Consuming nutritious food is always good and healthy for people. These foods keep your brain active and fresh, muscles working, heart beating and supplies you energy. Plus, when you eat healthy, you minimize your risk of developing diseases. Above all, you are able to shed pounds while obtaining the same low calories and nourishment when drinking a Formula 1 Shake.
Here is an illustration that explains a 100-calorie portion for some healthy and unhealthy snack options.
- Find out how much calories you need to take in every day to cut the extra weight. For instance, if your calorie consumption is about 2,500 calories a day, you break down your meals into 5 for the day leaving you with approximately 500 calories for each meal.
- Determine what percentage of carbohydrates, fats and protein you must consume. Professional trainers suggest the baseline of 50% carbohyrdates, 20% fat and 30% protein.
- Check your food intake by utilizing measuring cups, spoons, a food scale and reading labels. Eyeballing calories can be tedious and difficult at first, but eventually, you will become a pro. Below is an excellent sample of how to eyeball calories.
Hand to Mouth: Easy Trick to Control the Portion of Your Lunch and Dinner
You’re going to use your hands to help determine the portion size of your carbs, protein, vegetables, fruits and fats for your meals.
- Carbohydrates: 1 fist size (measure rice, potatoes, pasta)
- Protein: 1 palm size and its thickness (measure poultry, fish fillet, steak)
- Vegetables: 2 open hands (measure salad, steamed broccoli)
- Fruits: 1 fist size (measure apple, berries, orange)
- Fats: the tip of your thumb (measure oil, margarine, butter)
Healthy Eating Plan
When Eating Out…
Share the appetizer with someone.
Ask for a to-go bag and pack half of your food when it arrives.
Opt for the smallest-sized meal or the kiddie size.
When Eating At Home…
Eat small, nutritious snacks in between meals (this will prevent you from consuming large portions during mealtime).
Store food in individual-sized containers.
Use a plate (a small one) before eating food (do not eat from the bag).
Reconsider second helpings. Store food somewhere if necessary.
Remember, you can enjoy normal meals while following an Herbalife meal plan. All it takes is proper portion control to lose weight fast. For questions, feel free to shoot us an e-mail anytime. Cheers to your weight loss success!
Rooting for you,
~ The HSO Team ~