Looking for a more effective way to shed off pounds? A high-protein diet is your…
Want to get a tight stomach in just a matter of weeks without doing a single crunch? Here are five ab toning exercises that guarantee a trim and toned core.
Crunches aren’t the most exciting of exercises and as surprising as it may be, they’re not the most effective way to tone your abs either. So mix up your workout and lose belly fat fast with these fun ab exercises!
What Exercises Burn Belly Fat (Without Crunches)?
1. Goblet Squat
From a fitness enthusiast, strength trainee rookie to an individual who wants to live a healthier and more active lifestyle, this no crunches workout will benefit everyone.
- Hold a dumbbell among your palms at torso level; close to your body (if it’s a kettle ball, grasp it by the horns).
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width part with your toes pointed slightly out. Widen your stance if you’re taller.
- Sit back and down between the knees with your chest up the entire time.
- At the bottom, brush your elbows down the inside of your legs and thrust your knees out.
- Stand back up and stand tall at the top.
- Do 12-15 reps.
2. Kettlebell Renegade Rows
- Get into a push up position holding two kettlebell horns in your hands. Drag one bell to your side while pressing down the other horn to balance yourself.
- Return the dragged bell to the floor and repeat on the other side.
- Do 6-8 reps. Do 12-15 reps on each side as you increase endurance.
Note: Make sure to keep your body straight. Don’t raise your hips high in an “A” stance and avoid limping hips.
3. Russian Twists
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and lean back about 45 degrees (keep your back straight).
- Hold a medicine ball or weighted plate just below your chest.
- Turn your chest to one side (ensure it’s your chest that’s turning, not your arms), hold for a second, return to starting position and turn to the other side.
- Do 12-15 reps.
4. Side Plank
- Lie on your left side with your knees straight. Rest your torso up on your left elbow and forearm. Support your core by tightening your abs strongly as if you were punched in the gut.
- Hoist your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds (that’s one set). Turn around so you’re lying on your right side and repeat. Breathe deeply during the routine.
You may also do more complex routines such as lifting a dumbbell with your non-support arm or rotating your non-support arm.
Note: If you find it difficult to perfrom this routine for 30 seconds, hold for 5-10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds repeat until you reach 30 seconds.
- Grip a cable, dumbbell, elastic band or medicine ball and spin with elongated arms starting from your shoulder, down and through your body to the outside of your hips (as if you’re chopping wood).
- Perform reverse wood chop. Crouch holding a cable, dumbbell, elastic band or medicine ball near your hip. With your arms even, raise the ball up and above your body until you’re standing and the ball is over your left shoulder. Lower back to start.
Get Proper Nutrition while Working Out with Herbalife Meal Plan
While you do these fat burning exercises, you also have to take good care of your diet. We recommend the Herbalife Meal Plan – a meal plan that will take care of your nutrition and provide you the essential vitamins and minerals you need all while losing belly fat. Learn more about it here:
These fat burning exercises will give you that flat and toned stomach you’ve always wanted. Perform these ab toning exercises now and say goodbye to belly fat and hello to fabulous abs!
Shoot us an e-mail if you have questions.
Rooting for you,
~ The HSO Team ~